Stand Up for Nuclear 2020
Stand up for Nuclear with the Voices!
Stand up for Nuclear Paris 2020
This year, the association Voices of Nuclear is the organizer of the Stand Up for Nuclear, event that will take place in Paris on Sunday, September 27, 2020 at the square Igor Stravinsky, near the Center Georges-Pompidou (Beaubourg), from 10am to 5pm.
Square Igor Stravinsky in Paris and its famous fountain
The program of the day
– welcome speech
– launching of the Stand Up for Nuclear Paris 2020
– opening of the stands
11am then every hour until 4 pm:
– speech by a VIP speaker
11.30 am: music and songs
12 pm: speech and group photos
12.30 pm: music and songs
2.30 pm: demonstration for the climate, demonstration for the nuclear !
– high point of the Stand Up, central gathering
– major speech
– group photos
4.30 pm: music and karaoke
5 pm: closing speech
- François-Marie Bréon, climatologist and assistant director at the Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l’Environnement (LSCE)
- Gilles Babinet, Digital Champion for France at the European Commission, professor at Sciences Po
- Tristan Kamin, engineer in nuclear safety studies and scientific and technical populizer on Twitter
- Myrto Tripathi, president of the association Voices of Nuclear, specialist in energy, climate and international strategy
Other surprise guests will be present at the event! ;-).
Important notice : the place and the time have been accredited to the event for the moment. Still they could be modified by the Préfecture, so please do check the info update before coming.
You haven’t yet heard of the Voices ?
Stand Up for Nuclear is an annual international campaign organized in many cities worldwide.
In each city – this year there are more than 40(!) – local associations (Voices of Nuclear in France) organize events that aim to :
- inform the public directly, through original and creative awareness-raising, about the benefits and the importance of nuclear applications,
- underline the key role of nuclear energy in a low-carbon energy transition that allows an effective and socially just fight against global warming,
- reach a wider audience through media coverage of the event and raise awareness among the general public, the media and decision-makers about the rhetoric and misconceptions associated with nuclear power as well as about future energy choices,
- let employees’ voices, and the voices of all nuclear players in the energy, health, and other fields of nuclear application, be heard; let them express the pride in the work they do for society by contributing in particular to a cleaner energy future.
The event is intended to be festive, fun and good-natured. The Stand Up program features a joyful and friendly gathering, speeches, mini-lectures, entertainment, conversations with the public, distribution of goodies, and songs :-).
Of course this year, due to the ongoing SARS-CoV-2 epidemic, the entire Stand Up will take place in accordance with barrier gestures, applying the health directives in force at the time in the French capital.
Find the Stand Up for Nuclear Paris 2020 on Facebook, as well as the Facebook event created for the gathering. Do not hesitate to like them, to share them, and especially to indicate your participation!
For more information on the global Stand Up for Nuclear initiative, click here.
A little history:
Stand Up for Nuclear was launched by an international collective of pro-nuclear environmental organizations, the “Nuclear Pride Coalition”, which has several French organizations in its ranks, including Les Voix du Nucléaire.
Since 2018, this group has initiated the following events:
Find here all the events and tools of the Nuclear Pride Coalition. Do not hesitate to use them, customize them, combine them and use them on different media!